Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Sweet Sips and Breakfast for Champions




Hey all - this is Terri - I'm the dark-headed one in the picture. Anyway - so today I wanted to tell you about my Breakfast for Champions and the sweet drink I made. My breakfast was very simple but also very healthy. I started with about a half cup of plain vanilla yogurt- on top I cut up three strawberries and added some blueberries. This is also delicious with some granola sprinkled across the top. For my breakfast side I had a half bagel with cream cheese.

This afternoon I made some delicious lemonade. I picked up the current edition of Food Network Magazine and tried out the regular lemonade this past weekend. Today I made blue-berry lemonade - well it was supposed to be blackberry - but I had blue-berries and miss read. ANYWAY - here's the lemonade in the latest Food Network Magazine:

1. 2 cups simple syrup (made by 1 1/2 cup sugar and 1 1/2 cup water- bring to boil, constantly stirring until all sugar is melted)

2. handful of black berries (or blue berries)
- muddle the berries in the simple syrup

3. 2-3 cups of freshly squeezed lemon juice; for personal touch I also did the juice of one lime

4. 2-3 cups of water
5. stir it up, add some ice and take a sip

This makes about half a gallon and my teenage girls here have loved it!
I'll post later about the shaped ice cream pops and shaped jello jigglers we made this afternoon!
In the words of the great Paula Deen - I'm wishin' you love and best dishes, from my kitchen, to yurs

-T

No comments:

Post a Comment